Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas in St. Petersburg!

приветствовать Welcome all to our adoption journey blog. After years of waiting, our time has arrived!!!!!!! I have finally moved from being a blog stalker to a real blogger. Before you all question me about the blog’s name “Baby Steppes Home”…I just wanted to say… I did not spell “steps” wrong. Cary came up with the idea (as per John – “the brilliant idea”) of using “Steppes” in the title based on The Great Steppes which describe the terrain located in southeast Russia. (Thanks again Cary!)

Now on to the purpose of this blog.

It’s a Boy! YEAH!!!!! We will be leaving on December 20th travelling to St. Petersburg to meet the little boy who will become our son. Our plan is to update the blog with the daily events while we are in Russia. Unfortunately we cannot post any pictures of him until he is officially adopted, so expect to see many pictures of John, myself and all the sights of Russia. In the interim I will continue to update the blog daily with any details we receive with regard to our travels and anything else that comes to mind.

I want to thank everyone who has supported us through this process. It has been a long haul. We started the process in 2005 and were “paper ready” to adopt from China by June 2006. After two years of waiting with no end in site, in March 2008 we decided to throw our names on the list for Russia. As you all know it has been emotionally draining. Although we know it is not over yet, we wanted to let everyone know how grateful we are to have you in our lives and thank you for your great support.

Please feel free to post any comments you like on the blog.

Talk to you soon!
Jodi

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations JoJo & JB! I'm so happy for you (and already crying, Geez)!

Abby Webb said...

We are so very excited and just cannot wait for Jodi and John to bring their son home. This has been a long but rewarding journey. When I saw his photo, the first thing I said to Jodi was we would have to dye his hair brown to match her and John. As true Jodi style, she advised me that John had blonde hair when he was a baby! So it all fits. We can't wait to spoil him and hope mommy, daddy and baby get home safely. Thanks for sharing this experience with us. Love always, the Webb brood.

Unknown said...

What wonderful and exciting news! You will have something new to say in the future when asked what was your best holiday gift ever... I spent the month of January 1980 in the USSR, including a week in "Leningrad", so my memories of the country involve lots of snow. Can't wait to see it again, so many years later, and through your eyes. Safe and happy travels, and please update frequently!

Joanne said...

I am so happy and excited for Jodi & John. I have been anticipating this day for a few years now! When I read the news, I had tears in my eyes! I can't wait for you to bring this beautiful baby boy home so I can kiss those chunky wunky cheeks and hug him. Congratulations and I know you will have a Blessed Christmas this year!!!

Allen said...

Oh, so happy for you all! What a truly wonderful Christmas gift. Can't wait to meet him and see a photograph of the 3 of you together. Have a safe and rewarding trip.
And send pictures, please.
Debs

Michele and Ian said...

We are so excited and happy that this time has finally arrived for you. We will follow your travels and cannot wait to meet the little cutie pie! Travel safely.
- Ian & Michele

Debbie and Phil said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with tears in my eyes. I bookmarked the page, and will be checking daily! Words can't express the happiness we feel for you guys! Hopefully the long wait is coming to a screeching hault!

All the best,
Debbie & Phil

Carol said...

I am so happy to see blogging going on! Ask any questions you have about St. Petersburg. We had a great experience there this past summer and our P is wonderful! IF there is anything we can do to help let us know! Best wishes, Merry Christmas and enjoy your next few weeks, they are wonderful. BTW we were LID for China in 12/06 - 5 more years at this rate! Carol

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Aunt Jojo and Uncle John i am so happy soon i will meet my new cousin have a safe trip to the motherland and have a marry Chrismas

Kevin and Carol said...

John & Jodi

What great news and just and time for Christmas. Our prayers are with you for a safe and successful journey! We can't wait to see the pics!!!

With Love

Kevin & Carol