Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Fun Filled Family Day



Hi Everyone!

We are having a blast-- but oh are we exhausted. Neither John or I slept last night and it wasn't Carter's fault. He slept for a full 11 hours-- but Mommy and Daddy--being the "newbies" that we are had to keep getting up and fussing over him. Not tonight-- I am sleeping.

He woke in a great mood. He was quiet and smiling. I took him out of the crib at 7 and put him in bed with us until 730. We all enjoyed that time. We fed him cereal and fruit for breakfast-- boy can this kid eat-- non stop. We then went to the cafe Johna nd I found on our last trip so we can have coffee and pasrty-- we guess who ate half of Mom's pastry--- I think I am going to lose weight this trip because he also ate half my lunch and dinner!!!

The baby home claims he naps 2 times per day- from 10 - 11:30 and 2 - 4pm-- so at 10:15 we say OK nap time-- he said yeah right! We tried and tried -- we put him in the crib, rocke dhim around the room and rubbed his back-- nothing worked. So we went into the hallway and ran back anf forth for an hour before lunch. (BTW I do not know why this text is underlined and I can't figure out how to remove it.)
Hey Dad get me out of here--- I'm not napping!!!!

After lunch and 2 poopy diapers later-- he finally decided to take a nap. I used Aunt Lori's suggestion for nap time-- put him in the crib with a bottle of milk and guess what in 5 minuted he was out--- see below!




He slept for 2 hours and woke up all smiles and ready to go, go, go!
We couldn't spend too much time outside as it was raining-- it is always either raining or snowing here. So we spent a lot of time walking around the lobby of the hotel.



Here's Carter and Daddy playing the cups.

He really enjoyed bath time tonight. Unlike last night he trusted us enough to fully sit in the tub. I love this tub-- it even quacks when you squeeze its beak!








We it was harder to get him to sleep tonight. He spoiled us last night by falling asleep immediately. Tonight he wanted to play and play and play. He sat on my lap for about 30 seconds while I tried to show him a book. Finally at 845 I put him in the crib, he cried for 30 seconds rolled over and went to sleep. What a cutie pie!
I hope you all enjoyed the pictures.
Paka
Jodi




3 comments:

Joanne said...

Love the pics - especially the one in the ducky bathtub. I think by the time you get back with him, he's going to be bigger than you, Jodi! Ha! Ha! John looked just a tidbit tired in these photos (especially after not sleeping last night). Well, have fun, and keep the posts and pics coming!! Luv ya, Joanne

Troy and Rachel said...

We put Daniel down for one afternoon nap and that seemed to work best for him and it stuck. Daniel also did the same thing at bedtime, even standing up and falling face first into his pillow while Troy and I tried not to laugh and pretend we were sleeping also! He's just trying out everything and is probably sponging as much info as he can! Sounds like you all are doing great! Keep the cute pictures coming!!! And get some sleep!!

Carol said...

I agree with going to one nap worked like magic for us and P sleeps 2-3 every day now. How old is carter - i think i missed that post.