Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tears and Smiles

We started the day with crocodile tears and ended it with lots of smiles. Baby B has attached with his caregivers more so than what he was during our first trip and it initially bothers him when they leave him with us. The first visit with him on Monday started with the pout, then a scream and then the tears. It lasted all about 1 minute until I could distract him but I have to admit I never thought a crying baby was so cute before seeing him cry. I know I am going to eat these words but he is so cute.

We had two really good visits with him on Monday—each about 1 ½ hours long. He spent most of the time walking back and forth from John to myself handing us blocks. He was enamored with lego like blocks called Clipo which I plan to buy as soon as I get home. Let’s hope by the time I buy then and time we pick him up he still likes them.

Prior to meeting with him we had our 8 Dr visit at the hospital. We brought our own x-rays and EKG reports so we didn’t have to do that again. We started with blood tests then we ate cake and coffee. (The Russians eat cake and pastries for breakfast). We then met with a neurologist, oncologist, dermatologist, internist and psychiatrist. In between meeting with each Dr, there was more cake and coffee. John and I were together the entire time.

We have our Court hearing this morning. John is prepared to make a statement about us and our intentions. We were told the hearing will take approximately 1 hour and that the new judge is very prompt and organized.

Unfortunately we forgot to pack the attachment to download any pictures to the computer, so I won’t be able to post any pictures of the proud parents after the hearing.

Wish us luck.

Jodi

1 comment:

Troy and Rachel said...

So glad you are there safe and have been visiting your little guy! I'm sure court will go fine. How exciting that your almost done with the formalities and he will be your son!!