Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Introducing.......................

Carter John





We are so proud to call him our son!!!!!! He is such a sweet boy!





















Saying good bye to the head doctor.




Leaving the baby home for good!





First car ride!!





Playing with Mommy.






Posing with Mommy. (Daddy loves to take pictures!)






Sleeping with Mommy!

As I sit here writing this post both my boys are fast asleep. I'm not sure which one is snoring- maybe both! I am too wired to sleep. Carter feel asleep as soon as I put him on the bed. It should always be this easy.


Today was a day of firsts-- first car ride, first time in a hotel, first time fed dinner by Daddy (in a fancy hotel restaurant), first bath in a big blown up ducky (I promise I will post some pictures of bath time in a later post), first time falling asleep in Mommy's arms.


We had a great day--the best day of our lives. I cannot put into words the joy I feel when I look at him. He didn't cry when we left the baby home --he just took it all in stride. When he saw John for the first time today he gave him a great big smile. He knew we were there to take him home!







Check out how happy Daddy is!!! (this was before Carter made pee pee all over Daddy's lap)


We are happy that we have the next 2 days to ourselves as we wait for his passport and visa. Stay tuned for more pictures and tales of our adventure-- the fun is just beginning!!


Paka

Jodi



4 comments:

Joanne said...

I'm crying right now as I look at these pictures - I'm so, so happy for both of you!!! Especially, the picture of Carter sleeping on you in the bed!!! I still can't wait to kiss those fat cheeks. I'm sure you're going to be enjoying every moment of your beautiful son. Luv ya, Joanne

Carol said...

He is the cutest boy! I am so happy for you right now. We have a photo of hubby and p sleeping like that on the first day, it is one of my favorite photos. Have fun "getting to know eachother". I will be stalking the blog.

Troy and Rachel said...

What a sweetheart!!! I love the picture of him sleeping on you! Don't you just love one piece PJs - little boys don't get any cuter!! Congrats!!!

Tiger & Kar said...

Absolutely precious! Congratulations to all of you!!